120 veggie caps
What to expect from this product:
- Reduces hot flashes
- Prevents night sweats
- Relieves irritability and nervousness
- Improves mood and concentration
- Reduces vaginal atrophy and dryness
- Eases leg cramps
- Aids restful sleep
- Includes 300mg of sage
- Nutrients for Menopausal Symptom Relief
- Black Cohosh: is the most researched herb for the treatment of menopausal symptoms and the replacement of standard hormone replacement therapy (estrogen and progestins). It is effective in the treatment of the following menopausal symptoms: hot flashes, heavy perspiration, headaches, heart palpitations, depression, sleep disturbances, vaginal dryness, nervousness, irritability and loss of concentration.
- Sage Leaf: The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the European Union recently approved 300 mg of sage per day as a treatment for excessive perspiration associated with menopause. In the United Kingdom, medical herbalists treat menopausal women suffering from hot flashes and night sweats with sage. The sage in MENOsmart PLUS is not an alcohol extract or an oil. The safety studies for long term use of the full herb (i.e. longer than one year) are excellent. Research demonstrates that 300 mg of sage does not cause elevated heart rate or blood pressure.
- Dong Quai: is an effective treatment for the symptoms of menopause, especially hot flashes, as well as for painful menstruation that causes spotting but no full blood flow. It will also relieve too frequent menstruation (more than one menstrual cycle per month).
- Chastetree Berry: also known as Vitex, has no direct hormonal activity and is not estrogenic. Its main active ingredients stimulate the pituitary gland to produce a hormone that, in turn, increases progesterone. Vitex also inhibits the production of prolactin, which increases at menopause. Excess prolactin triggers male facial hair growth and acne in women, among other symptoms. Excess prolactin is also found in women with low thyroid function.
- Gamma-oryzanol, which is isolated from rice bran oil, is recommended for the treatment of hot flashes, to enhance pituitary function and to promote endorphin release by the hypothalamus, thereby improving mood. Not only is it a very effective substance for alleviating menopausal symptoms, but it also lowers triglycerides and total cholesterol. This is especially important because women of menopausal age and beyond are at increased risk of heart disease.
- Hesperidin, a potent flavonoid from citrus fruit, improves the vascular (vein) system and capillaries, thereby improving cardiovascular health and reducing bruising. It has also been shown to reduce hot flashes and night-time leg cramps.
|EACH CAPSULE CONTAIN:||Each Cap contains:|
|Black Cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa) Extract (2 mg of triterpene glycosides measured at 27-deoxyactein)||80 mg|
|Sage Leaf (Salvia officinalis)||75 mg|
|Dong Quai Extract (Angelica sinensis) (4:1 from 400 mg of dong quai)||100 mg|
|Chasteberry Extract (Vitex agnus-castus) (0.6% Aucubin) (10:1 from 800 mg of chasteberry)||80 mg|
|Gamma-oryzanol (from rice bran oil)||75 ,g|
|Hesperidin (Citrus sinensis, pericarp)||75 mg|
This product does not contain: artificial colours or sweeteners, dairy, soy, shellfish, corn, wheat or yeast. VEGAN-FRIENDLY. GLUTEN-FREE.
Dosage: Take 2 capsules at breakfast and 2 at bedtime or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Symptom-Free Withdrawal from Synthetic Hormones
If you are currently on synthetic hormones, it is time to wean yourself off them. If you eat a healthy diet rich in vegetables and good sources of protein and exercise every day, you will have an easier time weaning yourself off synthetic hormones. Women who have been on synthetic hormones for decades may find it takes many months to do this, while others may be able to come off quite easily. We have provided a few scenarios for coming off your hormones as examples. Some women may want to switch over to bioidentical hormones, while other women will want to stop hormone therapy and use herbs and nutrients instead.
Weaning Off Oral Estrogens
Ask your physician for consecutively lower and lower dose prescriptions for estrogen to make the weaning process easier. Menosmart Plus dosage is 2 capsules at breakfast and 2 at bedtime to provide 24-hour support.
|Weeks 1 and 2||1 day HRT||1 day Menosmart Plus|
|Weeks 3 and 4||1 day HRT||2 day Menosmart Plus|
|Weeks 5 and 6||1 day HRT||3 day Menosmart Plus|
|Weeks 7 and 8||0 to 1 day HRT||Menosmart Plus every day|
If you are using the patch Estrogen HRT: The longer you wear the patch, the weaker it becomes. You can also ask your physician for a lower-dose patch as well.
|Weeks 1 and 2||apply and wear for 5 days||alternate Menosmart Plus|
|Weeks 3 and 4||apply and wear for 7 days||alternate Menosmart Plus|
|Weeks 5 and 6||apply and wear for 10 days||Menosmart Plus daily|
|Weeks 7 and 8||apply and wear for 14 days||Menosmart Plus every day|
|Weeks 9||do not wear||Menosmart Plus daily|
Every woman is different. Some women will be able to wean off HRT over an eight-week period; other women may take 18 months. The goal is to wean off symptom-free, so go slower than suggested above if you have to