Friday Night Pizza (or anytime!)
This was such an easy pizza to put together. Grilling on the BBQ imparts a wonderful smoky flavour, especially if you use a smoked mozzarella or cheddar.
- 1 pkg frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 2 - 4 tbsp pesto
- 1 pkg. fresh smoked mozzarella, smoked cheddar, or cheese of your choice
- 10 - 12 grilled asparagus stalks
- Leftover grilled chicken, steak, sausages or whatever you have on hand
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced red pepper
Roll pizza dough out to desired size and thickness. If grilling on the barbeque lightly oil the dough. Cook on one side lightly, remove, place on oiled cookie sheet. Take inside and top with pesto, then onions, cheese, chicken, asparagus and red pepper. Place back on barbeque and cook 8 - 10 minutes or until bottom of crust is browned.
This pizza can also be done in the oven on a pizza stone or pizza pan.