Foodsmiths Recipe by Cathy
This recipe is great for using up leftover salmon. The taste is superb, and the salad is adaptable to plenty of variations. Try taking it to your next family picnic or community BBQ; we think you'll get rave reviews!
You will need...
- Leftover salmon fillets, skinned and flaked, about 340g (or cook salmon fillets brushed with oil on the BBQ or in a skillet, season with salt and pepper. Cook until fish flakes easily, allow to cool)
- 340g Garofalo Farfalle (Bow Tie pasta)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Perth Pepper and Pestle Sweet Mustard (or a grainy mustard of your choice)
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill (optional)
- 2 tbsp capers, drained, rinsed and chopped
Put it together...
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse under cold water, drain well. In large bowl whisk together sour cream, lemon juice, mayonnaise, mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in cooled pasta, tomatoes, chives, dill, capers and salmon, toss to coat. Refrigerate, well covered, up to 24 hours ahead of time.