Foodsmiths Original Recipe by Marilyn
Marilyn has been waiting to try her hand at a coated popcorn forever and she's so pleased with this recipe. "I wanted to create an easy, easy recipe that was signature Foodsmiths. I think I've achieved that with the mix of spices, pistachios and dried cranberries. It's truly delicious and party-worthy, you can even give it away in little decorated bags as gifts."
In a big bowl toss together:
I bag of Kettle 113g Sea Salt popcorn
- 1 cup dried cranberries (find them on our bulk bins)
- 1 cup pistachios (again, in our bulk bins, so convenient!)
In a double boiler or microwave melt:
- 1-1/2 cups Mercken's White Melting Wafers (in our bulk bins)
- 1-1/2 tbsp Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon (in our bulk spices)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (in our bulk spices)
- Pinch of ground cloves (in our bulk spices)
Stir all together until melted and smooth
Drizzle melted mixture over popcorn, pistachios and dried cranberries. Toss until coated, spread out on a cookie sheet and allow to dry and set. Break up any large pieces, store in airtight container.