Chocolate Fluffy Keto Nuts
Recipe by Mhari Crosby
Mhari is our resident keto expert, and she developed this recipe to help stave off her chocolate cravings. It's simple and easy to make and her choices of nuts have a very specific purpose:
- Pecans because they are the lowest in carbs,
- Macadamias because they are highest in fat,
- Walnuts for a good blend of both carbs and fat,
- Blanched and Slivered Almonds. Blanching means the skins have been removed. Almond skin is high in lectins, which can be inflammatory. Slivered to give contrast in texture to the other nuts,
- Sunflower and Pepita seeds because they are loaded with minerals and easier for the liver to break down.
Here's the recipe...
- 4 cups pecans, macadamias, walnuts, blanched slivered almonds, sunflower and pepita seeds
- 1 egg white
- 40 drops Now Better Stevia in Dark Chocolate, or to taste
Whip egg white until fluffy. Add nuts and stevia and mix well. Spread nuts on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 250 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly toasted. Store in jars.