Grilled Italian Bread Salad (Panzanella)
This is a great meal on its own, or serve with grilled chicken. The bread soaks up the flavourful dressing, making this whole salad just delicious.
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/2: rounds
- 1 small red onion, sliced into 1/4" slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices 1/2" thick Italian or sourdough bread
- 3 small vine tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150g goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
- Preheat barbeque. Brush vegetables with olive oil. Grill until tender, remove to a cutting board. Grill bread 2 minutes per side.
- Cube bread and chop vegetables into bite size pieces. Combine with tomatoes in a large bowl. Whisk dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad. Toss to coat. Sprinkle on goat cheese and basil.