Here's a fun project that also makes a thoughtful gift, or keep for yourself and enjoy a relaxing home-made spa bath!
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid (We carry citric acid in our bulk bins)
- 20 drops essential oil of your choice (I suggest lavender for relaxation, citrus for rejuvenating or peppermint and eucalyptus for comfort)
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice (suggestions: sweet almond, olive or coconut)
- Mix the dry ingredients really well together in a metal or glass bowl.
- Add essential oil and oil of choice, this is also the time you could add a bit of food colouring to the mixture if you wish. We carry Watkins natural food colouring. The food dyes in Watkins are non-synthetic and made with 100 percent vegetable juices and spices, including beet juice for the red, turmeric for the yellow, and spirulina extract to create green and blue.
- Mix quickly to keep the mixture from fizzing too much.
- Spray water over the mixture a little at a time. It only takes a few spritzes! Continue to mix together just until the mixture holds together when you squeeze some of it in your hand.
- Press the mixture into the mold you choose (I used a mini muffin pan lined with plastic wrap so I could easily lift them out) This is a good time of year to purchase some silicone molds to use, such as little eggs.
- Let sit to dry a couple of hours then wrap in tissue paper to store away. These will last a few weeks.