Healthy, Edible Cookie Dough
This is a recipe that you and the kids will love! It really tastes like cookie dough, but it's made with chickpeas and sweetened with honey.
- 1 can chickpeas drained (reserve liquid) and rinsed
- ⅓ cup peanut butter (or sub in almond butter or cashew butter)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chickpea water
- ½ quick oats
¼ cup raisins
½ teaspoon cinnamon, both available from our bulk bins (oatmeal cookie dough!)
2 tablespoons of chocolate chip from our bulk bin
2 tablespoons pecan pieces from our bulk (chocolate chip cookie dough)
2 tablespoons colourful sprinkles
2 tablespoons chocolate chips (birthday cake cookie dough)
- Dry chick peas in a kitchen towel pressing down slightly just to break the peas a little.
- Remove the chickpeas' thin skin.
- Place skinned chick peas in a food processor along with Dough Ingredients
- Blitz this all together in food processor.
- At this point you can divide the dough up and add your favorite toppings. The possibilities are endless, let your imagination go wild.
Note: You can substitute Lily's Premium chocolate chips which are stevia sweetened.