- 4 Large Jerusalem Artichokes, washed and little strings removed. Pat the artichokes dry then cut them into 1/8” rounds
- 4 cloves of frozen Ontario garlic cut into thin slices (let the cloves sit at room temp. for a minute or so. They are super easy to slice thin when partially frozen)
- ½ cup walnut halves
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil, butter, ghee or your preferred oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Rosemary
- 1 Teaspoon chopped fresh Thyme
- 1 Teapoon Salt (or to taste)
- ½ Tablespoon ground Black Pepper
Drizzle a little of the coconut oil/butter/ghee on the baking sheet giving it a light coating. Toss all the ingredients together, except for the rest of the coconut oil/butter/ghee, on the oiled baking sheet, drizzle the coconut oil/butter/ghee, over all of the nuts and choke mixture.
Bake in 375º oven for apprx. 45 minutes, toss every 15 minutes to ensure all the pieces turn golden brown. When everything is golden brown take the Nuts and Chokes out of the oven, sprinkle a little coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper over the hot chokes, and serve.