Ten Minute Mediterranean Couscous
Cathy is so enthusiastic about this summer-perfect salad that she just had to share it with everyone! The flavour is unique, piquant and a flavourful companion to BBQ'd shrimp or chicken.
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tsp each dried thyme and basil
- 2 cups couscous from our bulk bins
- 1 jar (340ml) artichoke hearts coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped green olives
- Grated zest of 1 lemon (or orange if you prefer)
- Fresh mint, parsley or basil
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese sprinkled on top, if desired
Bring broth, dried thyme and basil to a boil. Pour carefully into a large bowl and stir in couscous. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes or until the couscous softens. Fluff with a fork, stir in remaining ingredients. If salad is a little dry add a splash of olive oil and a squeeze of the orange or lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.