Foodsmiths Recipe by Marilyn
You will need...
- 4 portabello mushrooms (think of the size of the bun you will use
- 1/2 cup Roasted Garlic and Chili Three Farmers Camelina oil
- 1/4 cup bulk balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 4 slices Beau's Beer Washed Cheese
Put it together...
Remove the stem of the mushroom. With a damp cloth wipe off any debris. Remove a few of the gill to make a little well in the mushroom. In a bowl big enough to fit all the mushrooms or a deep sided platter, whisk together the remaining ingredients exept the onion and cheese. Place the mushrooms in the marinade turning to coat them. Let sit in the fridge as least 1 hour covered. Turn the mushrooms over a few times, this will ensure the best flavour transfer.
Heat the grill to 350 degrees. Remove the mushrooms from the marinade and place them gill side down on the grill. Once they are nicely browned with grill marks turn them over (apprx. 7 minutes).
Drop the diced red onion into the well of the mushroom. Continue cooking for another 7 minutes, place cheese slices on top of onions. Cover with a lid until cheese has melted slightly.
Place on a toasted Silver Hills sprouted grain bun.
Top with mixed greens and fresh dill, a slice of red onion and fresh tomato.
Bocconcini & Celery Salad
- 1 tray of Tri-Coloured tomatoes, washed and dried
- 1 500 gram container Bocconcini, drained
- 1/2 bottle "The Mary Chef" Italian Dressing
- A few celery leaves from the centre of the celery, finely cut
Put cheese, tomatoes and celery leaves into a bowl. Pour the dressing over to coat the mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let sit at least 1 hour or until you are ready to enjoy. Arrange on a plate all the bounties from this great country, sit on the deck and savour!